Thursday, September 15, 2005

CHECKING IN

I haven't posted any drawings for a while but I've got new stuff I'll put up soon, but first I want to just something while I've got my mind on it.
Regarding Native American mascots.
I'm really intrigued by this issue and why america is so resistant to letting them go. I think the reason is because in order to do that Native Americans may have to be recognized as U.S. citizens or maybe even as real people and not symbols of some mass fantasy of a "noble savage". And if Native Americans are seen as real people then African Americans, Latinos and poor people may have to be recognized and accepted as humans and if that happens then we may find ourselves seeing Iraqis as real people who love and fear and hope just like us. If all that occurs, we may just then realize what we are doing, have done and plan on doing. And that insight may be too overwhelming at this point in our country's history. Yeah, that's it. Thats why america clings to these idiot mascots the've constructed, it keeps the truth out of their reality just a little longer.

2 comments:

shamus88 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mr. Biggs said...

Shut up! you really are a melonhead!